Akama... The Ultimate in Hervey Bay Resorts
Things To Do in Hervey Bay
The Akama Hervey Bay Resort is conveniently located adjacently to many sights and attractions.
We understand it's not always easy to find something to do when on holidays so here is a few ideas to keep yourselve's, and the kids entertained when in Hervey Bay – and don't forget we can help you book tours and tickets!
- Take a dip in Akama Resort’s sparkling pool, relax and chill out in the heated spa.
- Take a walk or ride the 18km of bike paths along Charlton Esplanade.
- Stroll from our Hervey Bay resort to the 800 metre long Urangan Pier overlooking Fraser Island and experience firsthand the elation as the anglers pull up a huge mackerel or tuna.
- Feed the lorikeets at the Botanical Gardens; expand your horizons with a visit to the regional art gallery in Pialba or the natural impressions art gallery.
- Enjoy alfresco dining at a huge array of cafés, pubs and clubs dotted along the waters edge at the Hervey Bay Marina.
- Visit our vibrant local markets that have a magnificent selection of fresh produce and every other type of stall imaginable
- Take a flight in a helicopter,microlite or small plane over our beautiful Fraser Island,or a 35 min flight to glorious Lady Elliot Island.
- Have a barbeque at one of our beautiful parks, or fish and chips on Shelly Beach at sunset.
- Take up one of our endless fishing options.
- In season, go on a whale watch tour (it's not like most, where you see a water spout in the distance, these majestic creatures come up close and personal in an awe inspiring experience that will leave you breathless
- Sail across the Great Sandy Strait on a catamaran and be surrounded by dolphins,dugongs and turtles
- No Hervey Bay holiday would be complete without a fly, boat or drive adventure to magical Fraser Island, this is one of the ‘must see’ natural wonders.
- Relax and enjoy your Akama Hervey Bay Resort Accommodation
If reading all that makes you feel exhausted and you have a more relaxing experience in mind, your friendly hosts will make sure
nothing gets in your way of doing nothing...
If you are looking for Hervey Bay resorts, call Akama now to see what we can do for you 1800 770 661